Please note the following guidelines regarding all dance classes:
- We request that students observe our dress code outlined in this handbook.
- Any student arriving more than 10 minutes late will not be admitted to class. For your safety and to receive full benefit from your class, please arrange for a make-up class if you expect to be very late. Proper technical warm-ups are done at the beginning of class and are vital to preventing injuries. We request that dancers arrive at the studio with adequate time to prepare for class, parking, changing into proper attire (shoes, hair), restroom, etc.
- All students are encouraged not to leave the room once class has begun. Very young children will be treated sensitively as the need arises. Preschool children may need a parent’s attention from time to time for various reasons including bathroom or behavior issues. Please do not leave the waiting room when very young children are in class without informing the office or having another parent responsible during your absence. This is especially true the first few weeks of classes. We make every effort to have all children feel safe and cared for in a loving and inspiring learning environment.
- Talent Factory is not a daycare or babysitting service. Parents and guardians are expected to supervise their children in the lobby and to accompany young children to the restroom. We have unfortunately had damages occur to the studio which would have been prevented with proper supervision. Parents & guardians will be billed accordingly for damages & messes made to the studio by unsupervised children. Young dancers are not to arrive any earlier that 15 minutes prior to their classes and should be supervised by an adult until class time. When one class ends, another class starts; teachers and staff are not responsible for watching students before class or once class is dismissed. Please instruct your child to wait inside the lobby for their rides. Please call whenever you are delayed for class pickup, so we may let your child know. Students are not permitted to wait outside for rides.
- Talent Factory is a ZERO BULLY & DRAMA FREE ZONE! Dancers & parents are expected to practice kindness & respect at all times.Students & parents are not to be socializing in a disruptive or inappropriate manner in our studio. Please RESPECT your teacher and fellow classmates by giving full attention and co-operation. Parents will be advised if we feel any student is not well adjusted to the classroom environment for any reason over time.
- During class if a student complains of being ill, or sustains an injury and cannot participate, the instructor will send them to the front desk where the parents will be notified if not on the premises.
- Only students with an injury are allowed to observe class. The parents must notify the office if a student is to observe class. No one else is allowed to sit and watch during regular class time. There will be 2 parent observations each year. See the Calendar for dates.
- Talent Factory reserves the right to combine classes, change times, provide substitute teachers or replace teachers, change your child to a class appropriate to his or her age and ability, and cancel or combine any class with 6 or less students. These decisions will be made by the studio director.
- Talent Factory sends emails out to let you know of upcoming events, reminders, and important news. To keep your tuition costs minimal and to be eco-friendly physical (paper) letters will not be sent home with your students. Our designated source of communication with parents is via email. Please keep all communications for future reference. It is your responsibility to provide Talent Factory with an email address that you check often and to notify our front office immediately of any changes in email, address, or phone numbers. Your information will not be shared with anyone.
- Items of concern WILL NOT be discussed through text, email, messenger, or over the phone. Parents must email the administrative director to schedule a meeting between the parents, student, and TFAD staff. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Talent Factory staff and instructors will not be liable or held responsible for lost belongings. Check with the front desk if you believe that you left something at the studio. It might in our lost and found basket.
- Please note that the waiting rooms are made available for the convenience of our students and their families. The waiting rooms are for waiting, reading, snacking, conversation, homework, and children playing with toys or games brought from home. For safety reasons, practicing dances or Acro technique is strictly prohibited in the lobby. We ask that you please respect the activities of others and the classes in session. Please only water or tightly covered drinks and dry Non-Peanut & Peanut Butter snacks! Parents will be billed for damages and messes made by unsupervised dancers, siblings, etc.
- If any parent/student wishes a private conference concerning a dancer’s individual dance goals or financial concerns, please do not hesitate to fill out a conference form available in the studio office, and a time will be arranged. Instructors are on a tight schedule and are not available to discuss issues without a scheduled conference. Please respect this policy.
- No toys, games, dolls, stuffed animals, etc. are allowed in the dance rooms. Cell phones are NOT allowed in the dance rooms and may not be checked during class time.
- The Talent Factory logo lockup is copyrighted and my not be used or copied to create shirts or other items by anyone other than Talent Factory. All choreography taught at Talent Factory belongs to Talent Factory and may not be competed, performed, or posted on social media without written permission by Talent Factory. Legal action will be taken for copyright infringement and/or artistic theft.
- Misrepresenting a Talent Factory owner or staff member WILL NOT BE TOLERATED and immediate & appropriate action will be taken. This includes but is not limited to misrepresenting Talent Factory to vendors, competitions, conventions, performances, etc.
- Corrections/critiques will be made in classes by teachers to improve your dancer’s technique. Dancers are expected to accept corrections graciously and to apply corrections. Eye-rolling and other negative behavior will not be tolerated in class. We expect dancers to try their very best at all times.