Please note the following guidelines regarding all dance classes:
1. We request that students observe our dress code outlined in this handbook.
2. Any student arriving more than 10 minutes late will not be admitted to class. For your safety and to receive full benefit from your class, please arrange for a make-up class if you expect to be very late. Proper technical warm-ups are done at the beginning of class and are vital to preventing injuries.
3. We request that dancers arrive at the studio with adequate time to prepare for class, parking, changing into proper attire (shoes, hair), restroom, etc.
4. All students are encouraged not to leave the room once class has begun. Very young children will be treated sensitively as the need arises. Preschool children may need a parent’s attention from time to time for various reasons including bathroom or behavior issues. Please do not leave the waiting room when very young children are in class without informing the office or having another parent responsible during your absence. This is especially true the first few weeks of classes. We make every effort to have all children feel safe and cared for in a loving and inspiring learning environment.
5. Talent Factory is not a daycare or babysitting service. Young dancers are not to arrive any earlier that 15 minutes prior to their classes and should be supervised by an adult until class time. When one class ends, another class starts; teachers and staff are not responsible for watching students before class or once class is dismissed. Please instruct your child to wait inside the lobby for their rides. Please call whenever you are delayed for class pickup, so we may let your child know. Students are not permitted to wait outside for rides.
6. School age children and teens: please practice respect. Students are not to be socializing in a disruptive manner during the class with other students. Please come early or stay late to enjoy friends in the waiting area. Please RESPECT your teacher and fellow classmates by giving full attention and co-operation. Parents will be advised if we feel any student is not well adjusted to the classroom environment for any reason over time.
7. During class if a student complains of being ill, or sustains an injury and cannot participate, the instructor will send them to the front desk where the parents will be notified if not on the premises.
8. Only students with an injury are allowed to observe class. The parents must notify the office if a student is to observe class. No one else is allowed to sit and watch during regular class time. There will be 2 parent observations each year. See the calendar for dates.
9. Talent Factory reserves the right to combine classes, change times, provide substitute teachers or replace teachers, change your child to a class appropriate to his or her age and ability, and cancel or combine any class with 6 or less students. These decisions will be made by the studio director.
10. Talent Factory sends emails out to let you know of upcoming events, reminders, and important news. To keep your tuition costs minimal and to be eco-friendly physical (paper) letters will not be sent home with your students. Our primary source of communication with parents is via email. Please keep all communications for future reference. It is your responsibility to provide Talent Factory with an email address that you check often and to notify our front office of any changes in email, address, or phone numbers. Your information will not be shared with anyone.
11. Talent Factory staff and instructors will not be liable or held responsible for lost belongings. Check with the front desk if you believe that you left something at the studio. It might in our lost and found basket.
12. Please note that the waiting rooms are made available for the convenience of our students and their families. The waiting rooms are for waiting, reading, snacking, conversation, homework, and children playing with toys or games brought from home. We ask that you please respect the activities of others and the classes in session. Please only water or tightly covered drinks and dry Non-Peanut & Peanut Butter snacks! Your courtesy will be greatly appreciated.
13. If any parent/student wishes a private conference concerning your dancer’s individual dance goals or financial concerns, please do not hesitate to fill out a conference form available in the studio office, and a time will be arranged. Instructors are on a tight schedule and are not available to discuss issues without a scheduled conference. Please respect
14. No toys, games, dolls, stuffed animals, etc. are allowed in the dance rooms. Cell phones are allowed in the dance rooms, but must be on silent or turned off.