Please see the graphic above, or click here, to view the Group Dance rehearsal schedule for the week of June 4-8. These are mandatory practices for the Recital participation. Students must be in attendance for the group practice, or they will not be in the group dance at Recital. Group Dance rehearsals take the place of regular recreational classes during this week.
Students need to wear recreational class dance wear and their designated dance shoes. Send water with your child’s name on it. Girls – please make sure hair is tied back securely in a bun or ponytail.
This post includes all the details you need to know for TFAD Studio Picture Day on Saturday, May 19! We know it’s long, but please read! The schedule is below, and can also be found by clicking here. We ask that all dancers attend Studio Picture Day, even if parents do not plan to purchase pictures, for the purpose of full group shots for our studio display wall.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your child’s scheduled picture time to ensure that we can start promptly, and to keep the schedule running as smoothly as possible. If you are late, your child will miss the photo. No exceptions. Please note – if the photographer is running 30 minutes ahead of schedule, and your dancer is not dressed and ready to go, they will not have their picture taken.
- Children should be dressed in their first scheduled costume when they arrive, with hair and makeup already done. Click here for hair and makeup tutorials! All female dancers must be wearing the dance tights that are included with their costume. Recital earrings and small, non-color specific stud earrings are allowed, however all other jewelry should be removed (unless it is a part of their costume).
- Remember to bring all of your child’s costumes, accessories, dance shoes and extra tights. Additionally, you may want to bring hairspray, bobbi pins, a comb and makeup for touch ups at the studio.
- Dancers must check in with the front desk when they arrive. Students ages 12 and under must have a parent or guardian remain at the studio with them. Staff will be busy with keeping Studio Picture Day on schedule, and will not be available to babysit or change costumes. It is recommended to keep small siblings at home who are not also students, as the studio will be very busy and congested.
- As in previous years, parents are not allowed in the dance rooms while pictures are being taken. Please plan to wait in the lobby, as your child may need your help if he/she has a costume change.
- If your child has a costume change, please change them IMMEDIATELY and have them ready for their next scheduled picture. If your child has a wait between scheduled picture times, please feel free to bring bottled water, dry snacks (something that will not get on their costume), and quiet activities for the lobby.
- If you plan to order pictures, please bring your completed order form and full payment to Studio Picture Day. Order forms will be distributed with your child’s costume. Representatives from Memory Makers will be in the studio lobby to answer any questions you might have.
- This year we are excited to announce that Glam Fairies will be with us on Picture Day to offer their services! Schedule an appointment with these professional stylists at the TFAD front desk by Friday, May 1, and take the stress out of Picture Day! Hair is $7/dancer, and makeup $5/dancer. Makeup & hair combo $10/dancer (payment due at time of reservation). All supplies and hair products are included in the price. Limited appointments are available – appointments will be scheduled in the order of paid reservation. No walk-ins accepted on Picture Day. Don’t forget to thank your Glam Fairy on Picture Day – cash gratuities are greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions, or need to place an order for dance shoes, recital earrings, tights, leotards, makeup, etc., please contact Miss Paula at the TFAD front desk. Order deadline is Friday, May 1. The studio is open to place orders Monday-Friday, 4:30-7:30 p.m.
We love celebrating with our TFAD family! Wishing days full of cake, ice cream and dancing to our December birthdays:
4 – Olivia Miller
7 – Sofia Gomez
9 – Rhyanna Harris
9 – Madelynn Stambro
10 – Odyssey Harris
10 – Izzy Wade
12 – Mila Haseley
13 – Ethan Jackson
18 – Averie Lollar
21 – Sydney Strahlen
24 – Chloe Wilson
24 – Haley Hoffman
26 – Amelia Stambro
26 – Miss. Sami
30 – Colton Eastwood
30 – Sophia Sanchez
30 – Karis Woodard
Mark your calendars! The Holiday Showcase will be the first recital of the year for all of our students!
3rd Annual TFAD Holiday Showcase
Saturday, Dec. 9 @ 6 p.m.
Lebanon High School, Auditorium
(update: 12/1/17) Tickets to the 3rd Annual Holiday Showcase are 100 percent SOLD OUT. If you still need tickets, please email Miss Paula ASAP at email@example.com
There will be NO dress rehearsal for the Holiday Showcase.
Students will be given a call time for the performance at a later date.
Remember, all girl’s hair must be pulled back securely out of their face. Dancers may wear red, white or green bows. No headbands, please.
TAP classes must have a red TFAD t-shirt, solid black bottoms (girls: dance shorts, leggings, yoga or athletic pants and nude tights. boys: basketball shorts, sweatpants, athletic pants and black socks) and black tap shoes.
HIP HOP classes must have a red TFAD t-shirt and solid black bottoms (girls: dance shorts, leggings, yoga or athletic pants and nude tights. boys: basketball shorts, sweatpants, athletic pants and black socks) and black jazz shoes.
JAZZ classes must have a red TFAD t-shirt and solid black bottoms (girls: dance shorts, leggings, yoga or athletic pants and nude tights. boys: basketball shorts, sweatpants, athletic pants and black socks) and black jazz shoes.
MUSICAL THEATRE classes must have a red TFAD t-shirt and solid black bottoms (girls: dance shorts, leggings, yoga or athletic pants and nude tights. boys: basketball shorts, sweatpants, athletic pants and black socks) and black jazz shoes.
ACRO class must have a solid black leotard and solid black dance shorts, nude convertible tights or footless tights. Boys should wear black athletic shorts and a black fitted athletic shirt.
TINY TOTS class must have matching pink, lavender or light blue tutu dress (purchased at Talent Factory. Please see Miss Paula if you have not purchased one), nude tights and ballet shoes.
BALLET classes must have a solid black leotard and solid black dance skirt OR solid black dance dress, nude tights (convertible, body or footless) and ballet shoes.
LYRICAL class must have a solid black leotard and solid black dance shorts, nude tights (convertible, body or footless) and lyrical shoes.
*solid black means no color or visible logo besides black
BALLET (Thursday 4:45-5:30 p.m. class):
Bright colored leotard (primary or bright pastel colors – no ballet pink). Please coordinate with the other dancers in your class so that you’re not next to someone in the same color (if you do not have a bright-colored leotard, Miss Paula has some available for $15). Black dance shorts or skirt, nude tights (convertible, body or footed) and ballet shoes.
TAP (Monday 8-9 p.m. class):
Black leggings, ugly Christmas sweater, nude tights (convertible, body or footed) and black tap shoes.
DVD orders will be taken in advance at the TFAD front desk, and at the show. Click here for an order form.
Flowers will be available for purchase at the performance.