We are super pumped for classes to begin on Tuesday, Sept. 7, and know that our students are just as anxious to start! Keep in mind, there are no classes on Labor Day – Monday classes start Sept. 13!
A few things to remember as we start another wonderful year of dance:
- You will be receiving an email with your childs’ schedule after Registration Day (Aug. 18) is complete. Please be patient as our staff will be sending individual emails to each family with their schedule for the dance year. Thank you for your cooperation!
- It takes many hours and man power to coordinate the schedule and class spaces are very limited; therefore all fees & payments are NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Be sure to bookmark the 2021-22 Calendar, the Class Dress Code, and the Student Handbook for reference throughout the year. If there are changes/updates to the Calendar you will be made aware through our e-newsletter!
- Shoe Fitting Day is August 19! If you scheduled an appointment make sure you are on time. If you are late you will lose your spot. Payment is due at time of fitting. We will also have dancewear and select tights available for purchase at your appointment.
- If you ordered shoes they will be given to students on their first day of class. (Please keep in mind that some items may be backordered. If this is the case your child may wear clean socks to class until their shoes arrive.)
- Email is our primary form of communication! You will receive an e-newsletter approximately every two weeks with important news, information and updates. Please add email@example.com to your address book. Gmail users: please check your “Promotions” tab for our emails!
- At Talent Factory Arts & Dance, we love welcoming new students into our studio family! We recognize that for some children though, letting go of their parent’s hand and stepping into our studio can be a difficult moment. Please be patient as they acclimate to their new surroundings and dance friends.
- In an effort to minimize the amount of foot traffic through the studio, our lobby will remain closed to parents, siblings and guests at this time. We will have Talent Factory Staff stationed at the entrance to welcome your dancers to class.
- Dancers will not be let into the studio until 5 minutes before their scheduled class time. No dancer drop offs from the street or curb are allowed. For the safety of your dancers parents must park, walk up to the door, and stay with your dancer until they are let in.
- COVID-19 INFO: Face masks are optional for students and staff at this time. Dancers should not come to class if feeling ill. (Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org of all absences.) Dancers are welcome to use our hand sanitizing stations located throughout the studio. Having their own personal hand sanitizer is a great idea, and proper hand washing is always encouraged.
We can’t wait to welcome our dancers and parents (NEW and RETURNING) to our Talent Factory Family! We can’t wait to begin our 7th Season with all of you and are excited to see what this year has in store for us and our dancers! 🎉
P.S. We LOVE social media! Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to catch all the fun and exciting things happening at Talent Factory! We’d also LOVE to see your pictures! 📸 Please tag us @talent_factory_ and use #tfad4life and #tfadfamily to share your photos with us!
Concerns? Call or email to discuss them so everyone can be at ease!
Please see the graphic above, or click here, to view the Group Dance rehearsal schedule for the week of June 4-8. These are mandatory practices for the Recital participation. Students must be in attendance for the group practice, or they will not be in the group dance at Recital. Group Dance rehearsals take the place of regular recreational classes during this week.
Students need to wear recreational class dance wear and their designated dance shoes. Send water with your child’s name on it. Girls – please make sure hair is tied back securely in a bun or ponytail.
Talent Factory is now enrolling for its second February Workshop!
Physical Comedy Workshop
Sunday, Feb. 26, 2-5 p.m.
Ages 6 and up! Limited spots available!
Click here for the registration form
Don’t miss your chance to learn performing techniques from one of the top physical comedy performers in the world, Mr Barry Lubin!
At this workshop, we will focus on improvisational skills, physical comedy, confidence, slapstick, and developing routines. This workshop is suitable for performers and non-performers, ages 6 and up.
Registration is $50 per person. Participants DO NOT have to be a student at Talent Factory to enroll. Talent Factory is open for registration Monday–Fridaybetween 4:30-7:30 p.m. Interested participants may email Brandy Moss or visit the TFAD front desk for more information.
About the Instructor:
Barry Lubin is a Professional Clown first and foremost, and has been for 42 years. Barry has toured the world performing in theaters, festivals, circus, on television and even a few tiny parts in films. He attended Ringling’s Clown College and performed on Ringling for five years, New York’s Big Apple Circus for 25 years, and has been freelancing for the past five years. Barry just returned from Antarctica last month – becoming the first professional clown in history to perform on all seven continents.
Barry has appeared on national and international television countless times. He is an inductee into the International Clown Hall of Fame in Wisconsin, the International Circus Hall of Fame in Peru, Indiana, and the Ring of Fame in Sarasota, Florida. Barry was on The Late Show with David Letterman four times, and featured in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day broadcast on NBC a dozen times.
Barry directs, mentors, writes, and teaches physical comedy/clowning as well, working with all ages and abilities. His teaching credits include Ringling Clown College, various American university programs, in Europe and Asia, in schools, at circus camps, with various dance groups, and much more.
Talent Factory is now enrolling for the first of its two February Workshops!
Theme Park Performance + Audition Workshop
Saturday, Feb. 4, 1-4 p.m.
Ages 9 and up! Limited spots available!
Click here for the registration form
This workshop will guide young performers through an audition process for the entertainment/theme park industry by teaching skills such as character improvisation, audition etiquette, audition choreography, accepting & correcting critiques, confidence, and resume/porfolio building.
Taught by Mr Jade Perry (Character at Disneyland Paris), and other members of the Talent Factory staff (all with additional audition and entertainment experience), this will be a fast-paced and fun workshop for anyone who loves to perform. If you love Disney, this worksop is for you!
Registration is $35 per person. Ages 9 and up! Participants DO NOT have to be a student at Talent Factory to enroll. Talent Factory is open for registration Monday-Friday between 4:30-7:30 p.m. Interested participants may email Miss Paula for more information.
About the Instructor:
Jade Perry began performing at age seven in a summer theater production of The Wizard of Oz. He continued in the arts throughout his teens, acting in many of the Crawfordsville High School Drama Club productions (at the time, directed by TFAD’s Mr. Jim & Miss Paula), and taking dance classes with Miss Madeline and Miss Marigrace. In college, Jade was the first male to make the University of Southern Indiana Dance Team. He helped the ensemble place seventh at collegiate nationals.
Jade has auditioned for the Walt Disney Company three times, first landing roles as a parade dancer and “fur” character at Walt Disney World in Orlando, Fla.
In 2015, Jade decided to pursue a career as a professional model and actor. In the past, he has been cast in a featured extra role on CBS’s “The Inspectors”, and has appeared in box office movies “Alvin and The Chipmunks – The Road Chip” and “War Dogs” with Jonah Hill, Miles Teller and Bradley Cooper. Additionally, he has worked professionally as a dance instructor, dinner theater performer and choreographer.
Jade will begin his next role as a main face character at Disneyland Paris in Paris, France in mid-February 2017.
Have you thought about trying Zumba, but aren’t quite ready to make the commitment?
The Talent Factory’s own Hannah B will be teaching a FREE CLASS on Friday, Sept. 16 at the Lebanon City Market. Zumba begins at 5:30 p.m.!
What do you have to lose?
If you like the class, you can sign up for Hannah B’s Zumba class at the Talent Factory studio on Mondays & Wednesdays at 7:15 p.m.