This post includes all the details you need to know for TFAD Studio Picture Day on Saturday, May 19! We know it’s long, but please read! The schedule is below, and can also be found by clicking here. We ask that all dancers attend Studio Picture Day, even if parents do not plan to purchase pictures, for the purpose of full group shots for our studio display wall.
- Please arrive 30 minutes before your child’s scheduled picture time to ensure that we can start promptly, and to keep the schedule running as smoothly as possible. If you are late, your child will miss the photo. No exceptions. Please note – if the photographer is running 30 minutes ahead of schedule, and your dancer is not dressed and ready to go, they will not have their picture taken.
- Children should be dressed in their first scheduled costume when they arrive, with hair and makeup already done. Click here for hair and makeup tutorials! All female dancers must be wearing the dance tights that are included with their costume. Recital earrings and small, non-color specific stud earrings are allowed, however all other jewelry should be removed (unless it is a part of their costume).
- Remember to bring all of your child’s costumes, accessories, dance shoes and extra tights. Additionally, you may want to bring hairspray, bobbi pins, a comb and makeup for touch ups at the studio.
- Dancers must check in with the front desk when they arrive. Students ages 12 and under must have a parent or guardian remain at the studio with them. Staff will be busy with keeping Studio Picture Day on schedule, and will not be available to babysit or change costumes. It is recommended to keep small siblings at home who are not also students, as the studio will be very busy and congested.
- As in previous years, parents are not allowed in the dance rooms while pictures are being taken. Please plan to wait in the lobby, as your child may need your help if he/she has a costume change.
- If your child has a costume change, please change them IMMEDIATELY and have them ready for their next scheduled picture. If your child has a wait between scheduled picture times, please feel free to bring bottled water, dry snacks (something that will not get on their costume), and quiet activities for the lobby.
- If you plan to order pictures, please bring your completed order form and full payment to Studio Picture Day. Order forms will be distributed with your child’s costume. Representatives from Memory Makers will be in the studio lobby to answer any questions you might have.
- This year we are excited to announce that Glam Fairies will be with us on Picture Day to offer their services! Schedule an appointment with these professional stylists at the TFAD front desk by Friday, May 1, and take the stress out of Picture Day! Hair is $7/dancer, and makeup $5/dancer. Makeup & hair combo $10/dancer (payment due at time of reservation). All supplies and hair products are included in the price. Limited appointments are available – appointments will be scheduled in the order of paid reservation. No walk-ins accepted on Picture Day. Don’t forget to thank your Glam Fairy on Picture Day – cash gratuities are greatly appreciated.
If you have any questions, or need to place an order for dance shoes, recital earrings, tights, leotards, makeup, etc., please contact Miss Paula at the TFAD front desk. Order deadline is Friday, May 1. The studio is open to place orders Monday-Friday, 4:30-7:30 p.m.